Sunday, April 15, 2007

Why I've been away, why I'm coming back

After I started this project of reading the Bible, I found that I might not be the right person for the job after all, because I just wasn't finding a lot to like. The protagonist, God, I find to be an amoral doofus, and you need a sympathetic character to relate to. Also, the literary quality so far isn't really doing it for me; the story telling is badly organized, the plot makes no sense, the allegories are strained, and the prose is wooden.

I was just getting all snarky and hyper-critical, and I don't know why anybody would want to join me on such a bitter journey.

Okay, I'm over that. I'm going to continue to look at the Good Book with a clear eye, but it will be unjaundiced. I'm going to look harder for what it is that people fine appealing about the whole thing, and give it a decent chance. Let's see how that resolution holds up.